1. "Now I can look at you in peace; I don't eat you anymore."
--- Franz Kafka, while admiring fish in an aquarium.
2. "It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living, by its purely physical effect on the human temperament, would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind."
--- Albert Einstein, 1879-1955
3. "A dead cow or sheep lying in the pasture is recognized as carrion. The same sort of carcass dressed and hung in a butcher's stall passes as food."
---J.H. Kellogg, American physician, 1852-1943
4. "Animals are my friends, and I don't eat my friends. "
---George Bernard Shaw
5. "If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian."
--- Paul McCartney
6. "Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace."
--- Albert Schweitzer
7. "By eating meat we share the responsibility of climate change, the destruction of our forests, and the poisoning of our air and water. The simple act of becoming a vegetarian will make a difference in the health of our planet. "
----Thich Nhat Hanh, "The World We Have: a Buddhist Approach to Peace and Ecology."
8. "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral."
9. "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
--- Mahatma Gandhi